Political Cartoon October 16

Political Cartoon October 16
Orlando Sentinel

Friday, October 16, 2009

Political Cartoon October 16 Orlando Sentinel

What is the meaning of the October 16 political cartoon?

39 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I think it is saying that Afghanistan has already "eaten" the Brits and the Russians and they want to "eat' us next.

Sara

Anonymous said...

I think it means that Afghanistan has already scared the Russians and the Brits to death and now Afghanistan wants to scare the United States of America.

Maria

Anonymous said...

I think Afghanistan is destroying every body and that it's growing.
KELLEN

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I think that the venus fly trap in the shop of horrors(a scary place) is eating the brits and the russians and were next. The venus fly trap represents Afghanistan so they are saying that Afghanistan is going to eat us next.(Not help us!!!AT ALL!!)
Miranda K.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea. :P

Michael Triana

Anonymous said...

It means that no one has defeated Afganastan and we're going to fail as well.They're saying Afghanastan knows they're going to win again.
Jared Sedlak
FEED ME!!!!!
V
U

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sara said that about Maria's comment.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sara
Miranda

Anonymous said...

And I think that that man in the picture represents us

Sara

Anonymous said...

I like Kellen's comment.
Kellen

Anonymous said...

i tihkn Afghanistan has already scared the russians and wants to go to war with them and they're oging to want to go to war with the americans and scare America.

ryan sweeney :)

Anonymous said...

Sara's makes sense, too. That is exactly what it is saying. Afghanistan wants to "eat" us.

Maria

Anonymous said...

hi

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I think people are focused on war
and aren't focused on and not life.

Anonymous said...

I think it is because Afghanistan, the fly trap, right now is a horror so it is the "Little Shop of Horrors" and the bones are from the Fly Trap eating up Russia and Britain.

Trishna "
U

Anonymous said...

this is cool

ryan

Anonymous said...

I think that the cartoon means that Afghanistan is scaring the brits and russia.



Alex

Anonymous said...

I like Daniels comment


DANIEL

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I think maria's comment makes perfect sense.

Sara

Anonymous said...

I still like my comment.
Kellen

Anonymous said...

I have no idea

Tyler

Anonymous said...

I also agree with whoever said that the man in the store represents the United States of America!
Miranda K.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I like Kellen's comment


Tyler

Anonymous said...

I think the cartoon is trying to say Afghanistan has alredy gone to war with Russia and Britan and were next.

Anonymous said...

I think Afganistan is growing and people are paying attention to the war. Now the russians and the brits payed for ihe war,now we're next! Andres

Anonymous said...

Maybe the cartoon means that Afghanistan is has or wants to destroy the Brits and Russians, and wishes to eat America next.
p.s. I don't know what's
going on in the world now much
Alicja

Anonymous said...

I think that Afganistan is scaring Russians and brits and there now coming to us



shaun

Anonymous said...

I like Trishna's is really great!!!

~AnnMarie

Anonymous said...

I like Ryan's comment'!

RYAN SWEENEY

Anonymous said...

AnnMaries comment made sense



Daniel

Anonymous said...

I think that Afghanistan will try
to come after us the same way
Afghanistan "ate" the Brits and
Russia.




Leard,Russell

Anonymous said...

I like Trishna's, it's really great!!

~AnnMarie